with RW Alves
Mon/Wed, July 30 - August 8, 2018
(4 sessions, 75 min. each)
3:00pm-4:15pm PT / 6:00pm-7:15pm ET
Have you ever wished something about your body was different? And maybe thought that if only that one or two (or five, or ten!) things were different, your life would be automatically better or easier somehow? Or that you would be better somehow?
Do you compare your body to others’ bodies, or to images from media or pop culture?
Have you ever wondered how, as a yoga teacher or anyone else who works with other bodies, your own internalized body shame or insecurity might be showing up in your relationship and work with other people and their bodies?
Let’s break some of that shit down. Join us to move, explore, journal, share, listen, and build community for body positivity and body liberation!
In this series we will use tools from body positive movements, somatics, yoga, journaling, and narrative identity development to:
- Explore our relationships with our own bodies
- Discover and tell our body stories and our body’s stories
- Strengthen our ability to befriend our bodies
- Acknowledge and appreciate all the support our bodies give us
- Practice finding gratitude, enjoyment, and joy in our physical form just as it is
We all live in human bodies; let’s spend some time unpacking our relationships with our bodies, and nurturing a more positive and loving relationship with them and with ourselves, so we can show up more fully, easefully, and powerfully in our work and our lives!
$100* | Community Rate (discounted)
$150 | Sustainer Rate (pays for you)
$200 | Supporter Rate (support others as well as yourself)
* if this is not affordable for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a lower payment