Yoga and Resilience for Change-Makers
with RW Alves
Mon/Wed, June 4-13, 2018
(4 sessions, 75 min. each)
3:00pm-4:15pm PT / 6:00pm-7:15pm ET
The work you’re doing in the world is important. Increasing your own regulation and resilience can enable you to show up to your work more integrated, embodied, grounded, and empowered to make change and transformation, and to do the important work in the world that you are called to do.
This series looks at trauma, resilience, self-care, and the nervous system from a practical, non-pathologizing, body-positive, social justice perspective. Join us to learn practical tools for resilience, nervous system regulation, and showing up to our lives more fully and freely.
How are you holding up right now in your life and in your activism?
Are you working to balance the need for action and the urgency of this political moment with the need to be sustainable and not work straight into burn-out?
Do you want to:
- Show up in your work and activism in ways that feel more centered, grounded and embodied?
- Bounce back faster and more completely when you encounter a setback or when life gets challenging?
- Feel supported in your work and your life by your practice and community?
- Show up to your work and life with joy and presence rather than depletion?
In this training we will:
- Learn practical tools for self-care and resilience in community
- Soothe and regulate our nervous systems using techniques from Somatic Experiencing, somatics, and yoga
- Reduce our everyday experiences of stress and trauma
- Learn about the ongoing impact of trauma to the nervous system and our lives
- Create and implement our own self-care plans and strategies
- Develop and deepen community relationships of support
$100* | Community Rate (discounted)
$150 | Sustainer Rate (pays for you)
$200 | Supporter Rate (support others as well as yourself)
* if this is not affordable for you, please email email@example.com to inquire about a lower payment