Expanding Skills In Yoga Communities with RW Alves and Faith Bynoe
June 9 - 10, 2018 (Sat - Sun)
9:00am - 5:30pm (90 minute lunch break)
Off The Mat, Into The World is thrilled to announce a new upcoming training specifically geared toward yoga teachers, studio managers, anyone offering healing work. OTM has been in deep relationship and collaboration with these facilitators and Bending Towards Justice for many years. They embody all that we stand for and we are so happy they have agreed to share their gifts with our community!
How does injustice enter yoga studios, retreats, and training spaces? How do racism, homophobia, misogyny, transphobia, classism, ableism, sizeism, and ageism show up in yoga culture? How do we unknowingly perpetuate privilege and oppression?
Get ready to work with our incredible facilitators to dig deep, sharpen your awareness, and broaden your heart, using the foundational framework of yogic philosophy. These powerful and much-needed workshops provide essential growth for teachers and students at any level of experience.
Training Benefits: You will leave this training
- Resourced on techniques and strategies, including skillful language and action, to create just classroom culture.
- Equipped with tools of practice, self-study, mindfulness, and awareness, to see where oppression, power, and privilege may be playing out.
- Empowered and ready to join a community of yogis committed to changing the world to be one of justice and unconditional embrace - through love, humility, and practice in action - one class at a time.
Community: $250.00* - code BTJ-18-1
Sustainer: $300.00 - code BTJ-18-2
To register at the Community or Sustainer rate, enter the discount code in the "Promo Code" box on the checkout page.
* if this is not affordable for you, please email email@example.com to inquire about a lower payment
* OTM can offer a limited number of partial scholarships, which cover half of the cost of tuition. If that scholarship rate is not affordable for you, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply only if you have sincere financial need.
Deadline to apply for scholarships: May 1, 2018