with Hala Khouri, Seane Corn, Suzanne Sterling
August 15 - 19, 2018 (Wed - Sun)
(arrival on Tuesday, August 14 recommended)
Schedule (subject to change):
Wednesday-Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm & 7:00 - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
This course provides 27 hrs of CE credit for Yoga Alliance
OTM founders, Seane Corn, Hala Khouri and Suzanne Sterling have been teaching the powerful 5 day Yoga, Purpose and Action Leadership Intensive for a decade. The work has evolved tremendously, and out of this growth they are launching the 2.0 version.
Yoga, Purpose and Action 2.0 is a 5 day leadership intensive for anyone wanting to discover, refine or expand their purpose in the world and live a life dedicated to justice and inside out transformation. We believe that collective liberation is the goal, and this requires a commitment to a personal journey of introspection, healing and accountability that allow us to participate in an effective and healthy way. We also believe that embodied practices like yoga, meditation and ritual are powerful tools for both self-inquiry and sustainability.
The arch of this training begins with a personal inquiry about the ways you have been shaped by your life experiences and how that influences how you see the world and participate. Next, we explore how to transform our wounds into our gifts, with a very practical and creative approach to taking action in conscious and collaborative ways. All of this is done within a context that acknowledges the systemic issues that shape our worldview and our actions.
OTM founders each get to share the essence of their work this week. This is a rare chance to be with three world renowned facilitators who model collaboration as one of the crucial tools for ongoing action
This training includes:
- Embodied Mysticism: a journey through the chakras with Seane Corn
- Trauma: Personal, Interpersonal and Systemic Dynamics with Hala Khouri
- Voice of Change: liberation, expression and truth telling with Suzanne Sterling
- Embodied Social Justice: power, privilege and positionality. How we are shaped by the larger systems we live in.
- Purpose and Action: what does conscious engagement look like and what do you need to move forward towards living a life of meaning and sustainability dedicated to justice for all beings.
This training is for people looking to vision, articulate and live fully their purpose as well as those deeply steeped in their work but who need community and support We are committed to creating a space where people of all genders, gender identities, races, abilities, body size and sexual orientation feel included.
If you have already done our 5 day intensive, we suggest considering doing this one. Our trainings have evolved tremendously and people who have repeated the course have expressed that it was highly beneficial and strengthened their work in the world.
$ 700* | Community Rate (discounted)
$1,000 | Sustainer Rate (pays for you)
$1,300 | Supporter Rate (support others as well as yourself)
* At OTM, we stand for leveraging our privilege to support others. If you can afford to, please consider paying it forward by paying any amount above $700. This allows us to continue scaling the prices of our intensives so that everyone is included. We are committed to cultivating a diversity of voices and life experiences in our trainings and making them accessible to people of all income levels.
**Course registration price does not include housing; while the course starts on 8/15, we strongly recommend arrival on the 14th.