Yoga, Purpose, and Action Leadership Intensive
For yoga teachers, community leaders, activists, and interested students
with Seane Corn, Hala Khouri, and Suzanne Sterling
Embark on a transformational journey of provocative self-inquiry, social justice education and creative exploration to uncover your deepest passion and motivation for service that leads to embodied, effective, and conscious action. Combining the tools of yoga, meditation, self-investigation, voice, and ritual with the practical tools of communication, organizing, and collaborating, you learn to become more effective leaders and agents of change in the world. During this workshop you will:
- Learn about the mind-body connection and how the body holds and reveals all experiences
- Explore how to work in environments of suffering and trauma in a healthy, just and sustainable way
- Release limiting beliefs and step into unabashed expressions of purpose and joy
- Liberate the power of your voice as a tool for empowerment and standing in solidarity with others
- Connect deeply with the state of the world and discover your most effective path to service
- Explore the difference between charity and social justice and what it means to operate from a place of understanding interdependence and standing for equality.
- Activate your purpose, engage in collaboration, and connect with your community
OTM can offer a limited number of scholarships. Please apply if you sincerely have financial need. We are committed to cultivating a diversity of voices and life experiences in our training and making them accessible to people of all races, identities, abilities and cultures. To apply for a scholarship to an Intensive, click on the button in the column to the right.
*at least one year of yoga experience is strongly suggested. We strive to include and accommodate people of all ages and abilities. Please contact us for more information.
Intensive Fee Options*:
$1350 - Supporter (support others as well as yourself)
$1050 - Sustainer (pays for you)
$750 - Community (discounted fee)
*An important part of justice is access. At OTM, we stand for leveraging our privilege to support others. If you can afford to be a Supporter or Sustainer, please consider 'paying it forward' by paying any amount above $650. This allows us to continue scaling prices of our intensives so that everyone is included.
To Register, click on the link for the host studios below. To apply for a scholarship click below for an application form and deadline information.
The prices above cover only workshop fees. Travel, food, and lodging are not included.
NOTE: Scholarship applications are due 3 months prior to the Intensive date. You will be notified about your application 1-2 wks after the due date.
2016 YOGA, PURPOSE AND ACTION INTENSIVES
May 15 - 20 / Omega Institute / Rhinebeck, NY (scholarship app due 3/31)
August 8 - 12 / Shambhala Mountain Center / Red Feather Lakes, CO (scholarship app due 5/16)
October 19 - 23 / My Yoga Scene / Atlanta, GA (scholarship app due 7/27)
Can't join us for one of these in-person intensives this year?...
Join us for the ONLINE format of this intensive instead! Click HERE to learn more.
Leadership Training Intensive Retreat:
Mindfulness, Compassion, & Social Justice
For anyone interested in community engagement grounded in a framework of social justice and liberation
with Hala Khouri, Seane Corn, Suzanne Sterling, and guest facilitator Teo Drake
Take your yoga practice and community-building intentions to another level through this intensive exploration of effective social justice activism grounded in compassion practice. Together we will dig deep into the real impacts of injustice and inequality in our communities and larger world and grow our skills in being agents of social change and justice. Through mindfulness meditation and daily yoga practice we will build a foundation for opening our hearts to the pain of injustice, healing ourselves and our communities from the trauma of oppression, and fostering the resilience we need to stay in the struggle over a lifetime.
This training facilitates a holistic integration of mind/body/spirit with our intentions to be a participant in addressing inequalities and injustice in our communities. This weekend intensive will invite participants to engage in an exploration of social justice concepts in a practical and embodied way. We see this work as vital for anyone doing community engagement work!
This training intensive will explore:
- the tension between the spiritual truth that 'we are all one' and the very real differences and disparities that exist between us
- the root factors contributing to inequality and injustice and how they show up in our own lives and communities
- how power, privilege, trauma, and oppression operate in us personally and how the identities and experiences we hold position us to be of service in different ways in dismantling systemic oppressions
- the skills and practices that can allow us to connect across lines of difference in terms of race, class, gender, ability, body type, size, sexuality, and more, and also stay present and effective in the face of suffering and injustice
- the role of compassion and compassion practices in building resilience in ourselves and in our communities, and how this resilience can create accountable, grounded responses to injustice
although not required, we suggest you take our Yoga, Purpose, and Action Intensive (above) prior to this training and/or purchase and listen to our Introduction to Social Justice online course
Intensive Fee Options*:
$950 + $465 (food/housing) - Supporter (pays for yourself as well as others)
$750 + $465 (food/housing) - Sustainer (pays for yourself)
$550 + $465 (food/housing) - Community (discounted fee)
*An important part of justice is access. At OTM, we stand for leveraging our privilege to support others. If you can afford to be a Supporter or Sustainer, please consider 'paying it forward' by paying any amount above $550. This allows us to continue scaling prices of our intensives so that everyone is included.
Scholarship Application due 9/15/16
Have questions about our intensives?
Email us!: email@example.com